Housing Benefit and Council Tax support

If you disagree with our decision on how much Housing Benefit we will pay you, you can ask for the decision to be looked at again within one month of the decision being made.

You can do this if any of the following apply:

• you don't understand the decision
• you think our decision is wrong

Please note, some decisions cannot be reconsidered. You will find this information on your original decision letter.

To complete this form you will need:

• the reference number of your Housing Benefit claim
• your National Insurance number
• provide any letters or emails that is relevant to the dispute you wish to make
• say if you are opening a dispute on behalf of someone else – you will need to provide evidence from the person you are representing, that they have agreed to this. You only need to provide this evidence if you are opening a dispute on behalf of someone else

This will help us to deal with your dispute of the decision efficiently. If you do not provide enough information it may result in a delay with processing your dispute or our decision remaining the same.

For website security reasons, this form will time out after 8 minutes. Please make sure you have all the information you need to hand before you start this form. Information you add will not be automatically saved beyond this time limit.
Please note you should submit the application within 30 days of starting it. Applications not submitted within 30 days of initiation will be deleted and the saved details will no longer be available. However, you will be able to initiate the application again.
  1. 1Before you begin
  2. 2Your details
  3. 3Permission request
  4. 4Dispute details
  5. 5Supporting documents
  6. 6Review
  7. 7Declaration

Before you begin